The Geothermal Association Of Ireland
The Geothermal Association of Ireland (GAI) was formed in 1998 as a centre for all involved in geothermal energy in Ireland. GAI is a not-for-profit organisation whose aim is to promote the use of sustainable geothermal energy.
Our members are involved in all aspects of geothermal.
GAI's mission is to promote the sustainable development of geothermal energy in Ireland.
We aim to:
- Improve the understanding of clean geothermal energy.
- Support our membership and our communities to deliver geothermal energy to the highest standards.
- Represent our membership: we are the voice for the Irish geothermal industry domestically and internationally.
- Geothermal is a low-carbon, viable, sustainable source of energy.
- Globally geothermal energy produces over 90 TWhr, or enough energy to power Ireland three times over.
- Geothermal is used for heating, cooling and electricity.
- By 2040 Munich plans to heat over half a million homes using district heating powered by geothermal. That's the equivalent supplying all of Dublin's houses with heat from geothermal.
Our members cover all aspects of the geothermal industry in Ireland and Northern Ireland, and we represent our membership's interests.
We organise and support webinars/seminars and workshops on all aspects of geothermal, both public and for our membership.
GAI and its members support and design the industry standards and guidelines for geothermal.
Our members get access to Geotrainet.
GAI's Vice Chair represents the interests of Ireland's geothermal industry at EGEC which promotes the European geothermal industry in Europe and worldwide, by shaping policy, improving business condition, and driving more research and development.
GAI is a member of Renewable Energy Ireland.
Organisations that make a difference to geothermal.
Our supporting companies help us serve our membership and promote geothermal.
We can only deliver because of the support of our membership.
Membership of the GAI provides access to networking opportunities with industry leaders and stakeholders, a voice in policy development, and ready access to key industry information and developments.
For more information on our supporters please see our Geothermal Community
Below is a list of members of our corporate community, a full list and description of them is provided under Geothermal Community